Re: [Xen-devel] [Need Input] (informal) Automotive PV drivers subproject request

Lars Kurth writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [Need Input] (informal) Automotive PV
drivers subproject request"):
> As an aside,
>
> it looks to me as if we were close enough to draft a subproject proposal
> on the wiki. As far I can see we agreed on
> * we need a subproject

I would just like to quibble with your pathnames.  I think that the
subproject should have its own subdirectory, which should contain all
of its repos.

So:

> * we need an official xenbits.org/pvdrivers.git repo; it would also come
> with its own mailing list if desired
> * in addition we need integration branches for xen.git, linux.git,
> pvdrivers.git - it appears that the consensus here is that we use the
> same pattern as elsewhere

Rather, we should have:

  xenbits.xen.org/automotive/pvdrivers.git
  xenbits.xen.org/automotive/linux.git
  xenbits.xen.org/automotive/xen.git
  etc.

(FSVO "automotive"; I currently have no opinion about the project
name.)

Cf xenbits.xen.org/xenclient/, xenbits.xen.org/kemari/,
xenbits.xen.org/xcp/, xenbits.xen.org/xenrt-citrix/ ...

NB these are mostly git url fragments, not http url fragments.  So eg
"xenbits.xen.org/xenrt-citrix/" contains "xenrt.git" which is
accessible via
  git clone git://xenbits.xen.org/xenrt-citrix/xenrt.git
(and also via the gitweb index etc.)

If it is helpful there is no technical reason why it would be
difficult to provide a subproject with a webtree on xenbits that would
be accessible via http://xenbits.xen.org/subproject/.  But we don't
want xenbits to be used for general-purpose web hosting.

AIUI this particular subproject doesn't have a requirement at this
stage for a separate web hosting setup.

> (aka the location for the staging branch is in xenbits.org/people).
> Maybe with some mods, e.g. people/automotive/* instead of people/* -
> although this is not yet finally agreed. There are still differing
> opinions on naming.

I agree with Ian Campbell that we do not want subproject names in
people/.  That is strictly for human beings, and contains only
"unofficial" repos.

Thanks,
Ian.