Re: [Xen-devel] RT-Xen on ARM

Hello Meng Xu,

On 03.07.17 16:35, Meng Xu wrote:
Do you have any recommendations or suggestions?
Which experiment/use case do you plan to run?
What are the requirements (or performance guarantees) you want to have
from RTDS?
Currently we have no defined target use-cases.
That's why we are going to keep configuration (of guests and workloads) close to [1] for evaluation, but on our target SoC.
I'm wondering if there are known issues or specifics for ARM.

[1] https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~linhphan/papers/emsoft14-rt-xen.pdf

The configuration for the VCPUs depends on the tasks and the OS
scheduler running on the VCPUs.
The VCPU's utilization (budget/period) is usually larger than the
tasks' utilizations (\sum e_i / p_i), where e_i is the task's
worst-case execution time, and p_i is the task's period.
The VCPU's parameters can be calculated by the CARTS tool [1],

[1] https://rtg.cis.upenn.edu/carts/index.php
Got it.

Did you try "sudo xl top"?
IIRC, sudo xl top should work.
It was an issue of our yocto build. Xentop was not installed.
- root@salvator-x-h3-xt:/scripts# xl sched-rtds -d DomU -v all -p 10000 -b 2500
   (XEN) FLASK: Denying unknown domctl_scheduler_op: 2.
   libxl: error: libxl_sched.c:663:sched_rtds_vcpu_set_all: Domain 2:Setting
vcpu sched rtds: Operation not permitted
   libxl_vcpu_sched_params_set_all failed.
Which version of Xen or commit point did you use?
We have our stuff based on top of 4.9.0-rc6.

--

*Andrii Anisov*

*Lead Systems Engineer*

*Office: *+380 44 390 5457 <tel:+380%2044%20390%205457> *x* 66766 <tel:66766>*Cell: *+380 50 5738852 <tel:+380%2050%205738852>*Email: *andrii_anisov@xxxxxxxx <mailto:andrii_anisov@xxxxxxxx>

*Kyiv**,* *Ukraine *(GMT+3)*epam.com <http://www.epam.com>*

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.