Re: [Xen-users] Re: How to recover from crashed domU?

On Dec 22, 2005 at 1529 +0000, Molle Bestefich appeared and said:
> Renà Pfeiffer wrote:
> >
> > What keyboard layout are you using? I am using the German layout and I
> > can reach the shortcut just fine. I am used to it since I use telnet a
> > lot (telnet, traceroute and ping are the three most important network
> > debugging tools, at least according to a big network equipment company).
>
> Danish.
> Are [ and ] separate keys on a DE keyboard, or do they need AltGr?

I need Alt-Gr as well. In my personal opinion Ctrl-] is not more
complicated than Ctrl-Alt-Del. Besides you can always remap the keys
yourself:

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/Remap.htm
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2001-Apr/2702.html

> > I have to admit that most key combinations make a lot more sense when
> > using an US keyboard layout.
>
> I tend to disagree, only because the single insane shortcut I've ever
> come across is the one we're discussing here..

I meant sense in the sense of key locations on the keyboard.

> This is where a company like Microsoft does so much better than the
> open source world - if they had invented it, they would actually have
> a bunch of new users sit down, try and use the application and
> immediately find that the shortcut for leaving the console *has* to be
> changed.

I prefer to have an option and not to be forced doing things like a
bunch of beta testers do them.

> (And it would be a top priority too, since nobody would use their crap
> if it wasn't _mostly_ such a breeze to do so.)

Several hundred years ago the plague was very widespread. Nevertheless
it wasn't popular at all. ;)

Best,
Lynx.

--