Re: [Xen-users] centos jailtime image -- no network

my experience has been that CentOS/RedHat isn't happy without a ramdisk. add a

ramdisk=

entry to your xm config file. one way to get a ramdisk is to install the RHEL4 kernel rpm somewhere; alternately, mkinitrd in the linux directory of your source also works okay.

you can try the RHEL4 kernels from XenSource if 32-bit is okay;
J. Baron has put out 64-bit kernel RPMS for RHEL4 if you need 64-bit:

http://people.redhat.com/riel/RHEL4-Xen-HOWTO

and the kernel RPMs here:

    http://people.redhat.com/~jbaron/rhel4/RPMS.kernel/

Note, read the howto; you need a different modprobe.conf and initrd than you need for the xensource provided RHEL kernels.

I think redhat is planning on eventually supporting the rhel4 kernels in DomU mode (Note, this is what I have heard; I'm not a redhat guy)