RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV network performance

> I only get 155Mbit/sec DomU to DomU regardless of driver settings. CPU
on
> Server hits 100%, client runs at 33%. System is Opteron 8350 based,
one
> fixed CPU core per VM on Xen 3.3.0/Centos 5.2, Pre13 GPLPV, CPUID fix
> applied. Turning on Receive moderation make the score worse. Do the
GPLPV
> drivers still have general performance issues with Xen 3.3.0 or is
this
> just my setup?

DomU->DomU isn't a scenario I have tested recently... I just tested it
then and am getting around 350MBit/second from XP->2K3 DomU's, vs
2GBit/second XP->Dom0. The latest upload (0.9.12-pre15-dont-use)
includes a windows patch for XP which you can enable with /PATCHTPR in
your boot.ini, which will give a substantial boost to XP which may
explain the difference in performance between my testing (with
/PATCHTPR) and yours. If you do want to test 0.9.12-pre15-dont-use with
the /PATCHTPR boot.ini option, please do so on a pure test box. I
haven't had any problems but I have only tested with XPsp2 and XPsp3.

When I first tested 3.3.0 I definitely noticed a large performance drop
from 3.2.x, but I never did enough testing to blame 3.3.0 with any
certainty. I use 3.3.1 now and don't have any performance issues in
DomU<->Dom0 network throughput.

Those DomU->DomU figures (mine and yours) are obviously less than
desirable though, given the DomU->Dom0 performance... I'll see what I
can do.

James