[Xen-users] Re: Xen on Debian Lenny quite unstable

"Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Am 11.06.10 14:58, schrieb Ferenc Wagner:
>
>> "Dirk H. Schulz"<dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  writes:
>>
>>> Is there anybody out there running several intel machines with 32Bit
>>> Lenny Xen and NOT having any problems with regular crashes?
>>
>> The 32-bit Lenny dom0 kernel is unstable, as you and others observed.
>> Don't use that.  The 64-bit version is stable, though.  I'm running the
>> 32-bit Etch dom0 kernel on my Lenny dom0-s, that's stable, too, aside
>> from sporadic (and curable) xenconsoled hangups.
>
> Well, I hope this does not sound too newbie-like, but
> 1. How do you get the 32bit Etch dom0 kernel? Manual package download
> or some tweeking of the apt sources?

Add something like the following to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian etch main
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main

> 2. Is it sufficient to exchange the kernel or did you exchange other
> packages/binaries as well?

The Etch dom0 kernel (linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-686) works fine with
xen-linux-system-2.6.26-2-xen-686 from Lenny and the supporting
binaries.  Just don't boot the 2.6.26-2-xen-686 kernel, there's no need
to change other binaries or anything.
--
Feri.