Re: [Xen-users] What do you do for Xen 4.2?

> > I don't remember exactly, in HVM or PV+HVM, but I had to create network
> > interface manually, otherwise it could not work with xen bridge.
> We create all our bridges and do networking setup manually anyway. Which
> interface are you specifically talking about?

When I installed xen from the ubuntu packages it created network
interfaces in Dom0 (virbr0,vif7.0,vif4.0) and then I created PV DomU
with network config options

dhcp = 'dhcp'
vif = ['mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx']

and all worked well. But in HVM/PV+HVM such config did not work, I tried
to point vif to all of existing Dom0 interfaces, but bridging had still
not worked, (I could only get NAT over some of the interfaces).  And I
had to manually create additional network interface br0 in Dom0 and
change DomU config to

#dhcp = 'dhcp' - commented out
vif= ['mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, bridge=br0']

Sergey Zhukov