Re: [Xen-users] Booting pv-ready distro installer.iso as Xen PV DomU drops to grub prompt?

> > There is some sort of grub helper with standalone in the name (can't
> > remember exactly what right now) which I think is a kitchen sink variant
> > of grub-mkimage -- might be the easiest approach.
>
> There is a grub2-mkstandalone.
>
> I've seen it used in some posts, but noticed that it was NOT in yours.
>
> I wasn't sure what the difference was , so just followed your advice.
>
> If it's a 'kitchen sink', I'll take another look at it like you suggest.

I've looked into the available binary.

grub2-mkstandalone does not have the equivalent of the

 -c grub-bootstrap.cfg
 -m memdisk.tar

options you use in your guide.

Its manpage mentions

"SOURCE"

which may be ? the config file?

It also mentions

    "Graft point syntax (E.g. /boot/grub/grub.cfg=./grub.cfg) is accepted"

I have no idea what that means, and what to do with it here in the Xen use case.

If you manage to find/share any example that 'fits' your guide, but uses this
grub2-mkstandalone to be able to "add" the linuxefi etc commands to thge
binary, that'd be really helpful.

In the meantime I'll keep looking for posts online.

LT