Re: [Xen-users] Starting to port xen on beagleboard-x15 (GSoC 2019 project)

On 18/06/2019 11:33, Oleksandr Tyshchenko wrote:
Hello all.

Hi,

Sorry for the top-posting.

I have also CCed Oleksandr, who IIRC worked on a platform using the same SoC
(DRA7) in the past.

Yes. I worked with DRA7 sometime ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember this platform in details, but, there is a Wiki page describing how to run Xen on this platform which *may* help:
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/User:Xen_intruction_setup_for_dra7xx-evm_board
Please note, it is related to old Xen and TI GLSDK versions.

Regarding secondary CPU boot.
The special monitor API is used to enable Hyp mode. U-Boot brings secondary CPU up, which, it turn, switches to Hyp mode and enters WFE until Xen wakes it up.
Take a look at the following patch:
https://github.com/inisider/gl_patches/blob/master/dra7xx-evm/glsdk/0007-Add-virtualization-support-for-dra7xx-evm.patch#L591

I am a bit confused. Linux is able to bring-up CPU in hyp mode with the current U-boot. Why would we need more changes for Xen?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall