[Xen-devel] XenDebugger-HOWTO

I've been trying to get the XenDebugger running on the unstable tree.
After compiling xen with debugging=y ( and some patches ), I started
following the XenDebugger-Howto, but something is missing.

How does nsplitd connect to the serial line going into Xen?

Looking at the diagram entitled Setup:

Setup
-----

 +-------+ telnet +-----------+ serial +-------+
 |  GDB  |--------|  nsplitd  |--------|  Xen  |
 +-------+        +-----------+        +-------+

it would seem that nsplitd connects a gdb-telnet session to the serial
connection into Xen running with pdb on.  However, if you examine
nsplitd code there is nothing related to serial at all, just sockets.

Looking further into the howto, I set up my xinetd conf as instructed
and added the two lines to /etc/services:

hostname$ egrep 'wcons00|nsplit1' /etc/services
wcons00         9600/tcp        # Wanda remote console
nsplit1         12010/tcp       # Nemesis console splitter ports.

What is the Wanda remote console?

I'm guessing that Wanda is the missing piece that connects the local
serial port to the network.  If so, where is Wanda?  And if not, what am
I missing that connects the network connection (gdb telnet) to the
serial line into xen?

Ryan Harper