Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel crash

Tobias Hunger wrote:
I did. The flags reappear during make ARCH=xen and the consoles get added to my kernel in spite of those settings. That is why I edited the Kconfig files. Ugly but works...

Are you doing 'make ARCH=xen (menu|x|g)config' ? If you don't, the config will probably not be correct for your target architecture.

My results so far:
extra="": crash
extra="console=xen": no output (hoping that this turns of the other consoles)
extra="console=tty2": crash
extra="console=ttyS0": no output
extra="xencons=ttyS console=ttyS0": crash
extra="xencons=off": no output
extra="xencons=off console=ttyS0": no output
extra="xencons=off console=tty1": no output
No config_vm, config_vgaconsole, etc. (nothing set in .config that contains "CONS"): crash
No config_vm, ... with modified Kconfig files: no output

This is on an unprivileged domain? Unprivileged domains don't have a VGA console, and they don't have access to serial ports; the console is implemented through an inter-domain communication channel, like the virtual network and block devices are.

--
Derrik Pates
demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx