Re: [Xen-devel] Latest Arndale Xen, dom0 kernel stuck on ASIX mac.

On 8 June 2013 00:44, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7 June 2013 22:51, Sander Bogaert <sander.bogaert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> You are right,  I have a mismatch between my .config and
>>> arndale_xen_dom0_defconfig.
>>>
>>> I updated my branch linaro-3.10 with the cpufreq patch and add XENFS
>>> in the configuration
>>> file.
>>>

>> Again no luck. Tried some different kernel config options to in order to fix
>> it.
>
> Do you have all theses configuration variable enabled on your .config?
> CONFIG_XEN_DOM0=y
> CONFIG_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=y
> CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y
> CONFIG_HVC_XEN_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
> CONFIG_XENFS=y
> CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
> CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y
> CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV=m
> CONFIG_XEN_GRANT_DEV_ALLOC=m
> CONFIG_XEN_PRIVCMD=y
>
> /proc/xen is created by CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS. I won't have access to an
> arndale board until monday, so right now I can't give a try.

I'm testing with the config from your latest push, all seem to be there:

% grep XEN .config
CONFIG_XEN_DOM0=y
CONFIG_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_INPUT_XEN_KBDDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=y
CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y
CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV=m
CONFIG_XEN_GRANT_DEV_ALLOC=m
CONFIG_XEN_PRIVCMD=y
# CONFIG_DEBUG_XEN is not set

I'll try some other configurations later this weekend. Are you also
using Debian for a dom0 fs?

>> Now /proc is empty and hostname gone ( like before ). Rebooted to get
>> a boot without the segfault ( guessing this is the know problem with
>> Xen atm ), same issue.
>
> To avoid segfault you can add on both command line:
>   - Xen: dom0_max_vcpus = 1
>   - Linux: nosmp
>
> It will disable SMP but should avoid segfault. I hope linux will be able to
> boot on your arndale. On mine, linux 3.10 does something wrong with the
> mmc driver.

Thanks, I read about this in the other mailthread.

> BTW, on linux 3.7 did you have SMP support on dom0?

I did and I also had the random segfaults in case you were wondering :-)

Sander