Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Platform QoS design discussion

> On 29/05/2014 08:31, Xu, Dongxiao wrote:

They are the two directions to implement this feature:

Generic MSR access hypercall: It removes most of the policy in hypervisor and
put them in Dom0 userspace, which makes the implementation in hypervisor very
simple, with slightly higher cost (more hypercalls).
Sysctl hypercall: Hypervisor needs to consolidate all the CQM data which
burdens the implementation, with more memory allocation, data sharing mechanism
(2-level, page's address page, and page itself), also more policies in
hypervisor, etc. While its cost is slightly less.

In my opinion, domctl is a compromise between two approaches, with moderate
policies in hypervisor, moderate size of memory allocation, with moderate cost.

I would prefer domctl or generic MSR access way, which makes the implementation
in hypervisor simple enough, but with only slightly higher cost.

Thanks,
Dongxiao