Re: [Xen-users] e100 + Xen + VLAN -> VLANs don't work?

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Timo Benk wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>> Script:
>>
>> #/bin/bash
>>
>> brctl delif xenbr0 peth0
>> brctl delif xenbr0 vif0.0
>>
>> ip l s xenbr0 down
>> brctl delbr xenbr0
>>
>> brctl addbr vlan10
>> brctl addbr vlan20
>> brctl addbr vlan30
>> ip l s vlan10 up
>> ip l s vlan20 up
>> ip l s vlan30 up
>>
>> modprobe 8021q
>> vconfig add peth0 10
>> vconfig add peth0 20
>> vconfig add peth0 30
>> ip l s peth0.10 up
>> ip l s peth0.20 up
>> ip l s peth0.30 up
>>
>> brctl addif vlan10 peth0.10
>> brctl addif vlan10 vif0.0
>>
>> ip l s eth0 mtu 1496
>
> Hmm, you sure you didn't change anything / pasted the whole script?
>
> # /etc/init.d/xend start   # (empty network-script)
> # bash -x script.vlans
> + brctl delif xenbr0 peth0
> interface peth0 does not exist!
> + brctl delif xenbr0 vif0.0
> interface vif0.0 does not exist!
> + ip l s xenbr0 down
> SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device

Of course this script assumes that there is already a bridge set up
inside Domain-0, Default bridge xenbr0 with two interfaces vif0.0 and
peth0. That explains the errors.

> Question: do you set up VLANs in domU as well? I hope not, this is a
> wrong approach to VLANs.
No vlan setup inside the domSs. Just the MTU was changed in the
Domains.

Greetings,
-timo
--