*From:* trilok nuwal [mailto:tc.nuwal@xxxxxxxxx]
*Sent:* Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:34 PM
*To:* Artur Linhart - Linux communication
*Cc:* Philippe Vanhaesendonck; Dylan Martin; Scott Serr; Alessandro R.; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re: [Xen-users] VNC to HVM not starting

From my experience :

when

vnc=1
vnclisten='IP_of_my_xen_server

vncdisplay=4
vncunused=0

Always allocate the port 5900 (standard VNC) + 4 (vncdisplay) = 5904 for the display. If it is used by soem other application this will just hang.

vnc=1
vnclisten='IP_of_my_xen_server

vncdisplay=4
vncunused=1

allocate the port 5900 (standard VNC) + 4 (vncdisplay) = 5904 for the display if it is free else allocate other free port.

vnc=1
vnclisten='IP_of_my_xen_server

vncunused=1/0

allocate free port.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,
Trilok