Re: [Xen-users] xen compilation is giving errors

  • To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:49:49 +0530
  • Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 09:21:11 -0800

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Not all of them need to be set manually, the above was just a snippet
>>> of my .config which contains "XEN".
>>>
>>> When customizing the kernel config I use "make menuconfig", and search
>>> where a particular config option would be (using "/").
>> I searched /XEN in menuconfig but I did not got any option as the
>> search in menuconfig for XEN shows
>> Location->Device Drivers Xen Backend
>> but in ncurses screen I do not see any option when I check
>> device drivers --> (here I scroll a lot of options but no where Xen is
>> visible)
>
> Like I said, not all of them need to be set manually. Some of them
> might need other options set before they appear. For example,
> CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND will not be availabe if you haven't select
> CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND.
>
> CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND is selectable on "Device Drivers", near the bottom
> (look for"Backend driver support"). But it only shows up after
> CONFIG_XEN_DOM0 is selected, which is under "Processor types and
> features" -> "Paravirtualized guest support" -> "Enable Xen privileged
> domain support" (which only shows up after you select "Xen guest
> support")
>
>> It is a 32 bit system without VT.
>
> That might be the source of your problem. CONFIG_XEN_DOM0 depends on
> CONFIG_XEN=y, which (from the help)
Ohhh thanks for this message I think all my effort here might be futile.
I got your point of  using CentOS I have used CentOS in past just wanted to
use Xen4.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit.
I will try if I can get a 64 bit system but even that would be without VT.