Re: [Xen-users] xen compilation is giving errors

  • To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:31:29 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 02:04:25 -0800

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you download the correct kernel source? From JF's git tree, either
>>> xen/stable-2.6.32.x or xen/next-2.6.32?
>> Yes I did
>> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
>> linux-2.6-xen
>> cd linux-2.6-xen
>> git pull
>> git reset –hard
>> git checkout -b xen/stable origin/xen/stable
>> git pull
>>
>>> Did paravirtualized guest support option show up?
>> Yes
>>    --- Paravirtualized guest support
>>     [*]   VMI Guest support (DEPRECATED)
>>      [*]   KVM paravirtualized clock
>>    [*]   KVM Guest support
>>    [ ]   Lguest guest support
>>    -*-   Enable paravirtualization code
>>   [*]     Paravirtualization layer for spinlocks
>
> Two things come to mind.
>
> One, you might be using a different branch than me.
Ok I am checking this part.Which branch do you use stable or unstable.
> origin/xen/stable-2.6.32.x should contain newer code than
> origin/xen/stable (see
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=heads for
> complete branch list). I haven't tested xen/stable, so I don't know
> what condition it currently is.
>
> Second, you might not select High Memory Support -> 64GB yet. By
> default, 4GB is selected instead of 64GB, in which case Xen options
> will be hidden (just like what you pasted).
Well very surprisingly on a 64 bit system (this is also without VT)
 I just transferred the tree I had pulled on the 32 bit system
and here I did see the Xen options in

Processor type and features-->

  --- Paravirtualized guest support
                                                [*]   Xen guest
support
                                                [ ]     Enable Xen
debug and tuning parameters in debugfs
                                                [*]   Enable Xen
privileged domain support
                                                [ ]   Enable support
for Xen PCI passthrough devices (NEW)
                                                [*]   KVM
paravirtualized clock
                                                [*]   KVM Guest
support
                                                -*-   Enable
paravirtualization code
                                                [*]
Paravirtualization layer for spinlocks

 what is visible in
Processor type and features-->

http://pastebin.com/N0gaJDgN

but in Device Drivers option I again see the Xen specific options
     [*] Xen memory balloon driver
                                                [*]   Scrub pages
before returning them to system
                                                <M> Xen
/dev/xen/evtchn device
                                                [*] Backend driver
support (NEW)
                                                < >   Xen backend
network device (NEW)
                                                < >   Block-device
backend driver (NEW)
                                                < >   Block-device tap
backend driver (NEW)
                                                <*>   PCI-device
backend driver (NEW)
                                                        PCI Backend
Mode (Virtual PCI)  --->
                                                [ ]     PCI Backend
Debugging (NEW)
                                                <M> Xen filesystem
                                                [*]   Create
compatibility mount point /proc/xen
                                                [*] Create xen entries
under /sys/hypervisor
                                                < > userspace grant
access device driver (NEW)
                                                <M> xen platform pci
device driver (NEW)

but I do not see the High Memory Support option in this 64 bit system
surprisingly.
What branch do you use?