Re: [Xen-users] PVUSB - how to?

JH>>> Hmmm... logging is very expensive in terms of CPU power (basically a
JH>>> VMEXIT + work by qemu for every character output to the logs.) This
JH>>> would work to slow down the processing in the usb driver immensely so
JH>>> maybe I have a race or something in the code.
??>>
JH>>> How many vcpu's do you have in your config? If more than 1, please
JH>>> change it to 1 and try again (without debug) and see what happens.
??>>
??>> During the test used 3 processors. There is also a system that waits
??>> for a successful outcome, with 6 processors, which need to passing usb
??>> device. Result from a one processor will give later. Uncomfortable
??>> every time to shuting down 15 DomU systems to boot the system without
??>> usb devices forwarding in the virtual system.

JH> So you don't have a test system you can use with just a couple of usb
JH> devices?

I test it on those machines that can move a mouse or see the reaction of the usb device. And also do not want to do it remotely

??>> You accidentally do not know how to make pciback unhide dinamycally?

JH> I've never used pci passthrough since xen 2.x (or was it 1.x?)

Xen 4.0.2 rc3 and 4.1.2.

JH>>> I'm not implementing ISOC functions. So any audio or video device
JH>>> probably won't work. I need to do a bit of reading about those
JH>>> though.
??>>
??>> Maybe you can do by analogy with usbip, when traffic is encapsulated
??>> in all usb commands, and do not need to translate and transmit
??>> directly?

JH> Usbip does things a bit differently but I have had a look at that code
JH> before.

Maybe even take a look? It works for audio devices. In this application, the problem with hanging up in an emergency disconnection or disabling parent device. usbip.exe - impossible close handle of application

JH>>> A question about your logs - the first one shows a crash at the
JH>>> end... was this after shutdown? I think I might have a bug in the
JH>>> cancellation code...
??>>
??>> Via VNC was seen BSOD and reboot after dumping system.
??>> In each of the options, when it was connected HID Chicony.
??>>
??>> Why forwarding pci device (usb controller) via pciback in a virtual
??>> environment - only works in 1.1 instead of 2.0 or 3.0

JH> Not sure. It should work if you are passing through the whole host
JH> controller.

Forwarding usb not working correctly. In the system a lot of usb controllers
00:12.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:12.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB EHCI Controller
00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB EHCI Controller
00:14.5 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB OHCI2 Controller 00:16.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:16.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB EHCI Controller
03:00.0 USB Controller: NEC Corporation uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 03)

In one of the VMs connected device 00:13.0. This system has control of usb ports usb 3.0(withost passing) with speed usb 1.1. The motherboard M4A89TD PRO USB3 all your usb controller can be divided only in two different hub for pci passing