Re: [Xen-users] Issues Booting DomU on TI DRA72 Chip

On 07/09/2015 03:34 AM, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi Brandon,
>
> These rangesets list the interrupt and I/O memory assigned to the guest
> (i.e passthrough).
>
> In the case of the timer interrupt (physical and virtual), they are
> owned by Xen and Xen will emulated it for each guest.
>
>  From the logs the LRs are empty (see VCPU_LR) and no interrupts are
> currently pending.
>
> I would add some printk in function gic_handle_irq in Linux
> (drivers/irqchip/irq-gic.c, assuming you are using GICv2) to see which
> IRQ is coming. FYI, the virt timer PPI is 27 and phys timer 30.

I added that printk statement, and I never see any physical or virtual timer interrupts being delivered to the guest. I believe the guest is using the virtual timer, because when I do a more full register dump with trace32, I see that CNTV_CVAL is programmed to a non-zero value, but CNTP_CVAL is 0.

   I also noticed the following line during the Dom0 guest boot:

(XEN) Generic Timer IRQ: phys=35 hyp=31 virt=32 Freq: 6147 KHz

Is this expected to be different from the expected interrupt ID's for ARM core timers (these numbers are all offset by +5)?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like gic_handle_irq() is not the control path taken by the PPI timers. It looks like the functions "vtimer_interrupt()" and "timer_interrupt()" (xen/arch/arm/time.c) handle those interrupts.

Also, based on the following lines in xen/arch/arm/irq.c: 224-226, it seems like that the guests cannot be delivered PPI's from the function "do_IRQ()":

    /* the irq cannot be a PPI, we only support delivery of SPIs to
     * guests */
     vgic_vcpu_inject_spi(info->d, info->virq);

Also, how do the functions in xen/arch/arm/vtimer.c fit into this picture? Would they be the ones responsible for delivering the vtimer interrupt to the guest?