Re: [Wg-test-framework] Credativ COLO Maintenance and Web Real Estate contract for review (feedback needed before Oct 19th)

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 03:40:43PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Lars Kurth writes ("Re: [Wg-test-framework] Credativ COLO Maintenance and Web
> Real Estate contract for review (feedback needed before Oct 19th)"):
> > We should make a list of the items to look at in phase 1 & 2 that are
> > "known issues" we want to investigate. Could you do this? As far as I
> > recall, there should not be many issues.
>
> Known issues that I am aware of:
>
>  * elbling0 (an x86 machine supplied by All-Net) has lost its BIOS
>    configured boot order twice recently (between 2015-10-08 21:56:04 Z
>    and 23:08:19 and then again between 2015-10-10 13:57:44 Z and
>    14:56:53).  I think this is a hardware problem - probably a duff
>    CMOS battery.

OK, got some CMOS batteries.

>  * In our ARM crate, three of the four cubietruck boards have lost
>    their hard disks.  We need someone to investigate whether the disks
>    have failed, or cables come loose, or something more substantial
>    gone wrong.
>
>  * Also in our ARM crate, we suspect that one of our four arndale
>    boards is a different revision (due to a mistake during assembly).
>    It would be nice to know.  This is a visual inspection task
>    only. [1]
>
> There is also the Dell firmware bug (oseleta{0,1}) which Dell are
> currently trying to repro, and an allegedly-fixed problem with
> baroque{0,1} which I need to retest.

I am tentatively going to schedule an outing there next week. On Wednesday
around 10AM or so I would head out.

The address I have is Marlborough MA, 313 Boston Post Rd, West
508-449-6667