Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Platform QoS design discussion

Okay, I will wait several days to see whether other people have more comments
about this MSR access hypercall. If no, I will start to implement it.

> Question is whether this mechanism (which I'd like to be done so it can also
> later get added support for e.g. port I/O: see Linux'es dcdbas_smi_request()
> for where this might be useful) should become a sysctl op or - to be
> easily usable by the kernel too - a platform one.

For CQM, this MSR access hypercall may be somewhat specific, because it
requires one MSR write and one MSR read, which cannot be split into two
separate hypercalls to avoid preemption in the middle.

Thanks,
Dongxiao