Re: [Xen-users] xen compilation is giving errors

  • To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:29:02 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:05:25 -0800

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>  I see following output
>>>
>>> xm info
>>> Error: Unable to connect to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend
>>> running?
>>>

>>> Here I as root did /etc/init.d/xend start
>>> but even after that I got the same message
>>>
>>> xm info
>>> Error: Unable to connect to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend
>>> running?
>>>
>>> So what is missing in the above step?
>>
>> Do you have /dev/xen/evtchn and /dev/xen/gntdev? If not, see my
>> previous mail about kernel config options.
> No /dev/xen device is completely missing.
> In case I decide to re compile the whole thing then
> I have already done in the xen-4.0.1 folder
> make xen
> make tools
> make stubdom
> make install xen
> make install stubdom
>
> now in case of tools I did mistake I first did
> make install tools
> and when things did not worked searched and did
>  make install-tools PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG=
> as this blog said
> http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/set-up-xen-4-1-unstable-2-6-32-16-pvops-dom0-on-top-of-ubuntu-10-04-server/
>
> so is there a way to undo the aboxe make installs or makes of xen
> the 2.6.32.27 I still will re compile.
>> Also, what does /var/log/xen/xend.log say?
> I had checked it but it is completely blank though I have rebooted 5-6 times.
>

> --

I also noticed from the config you mentioned in this thread and the
one which I have with me (with which all things compiled)
there are following differences

# CONFIG_XEN_DEBUG_FS is not set
CONFIG_XEN_BLKBACK_PAGEMAP <--- is completely missing
# CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_TAP is not set
CONFIG_XENFS=y
# CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV is not set

Is there a way to undo things specially for the make commands?
Here I see this 2.6.32.27 related files in

/lib/modules/2.6.32.27
/boot
and
/mnt/1/fajar/linux-2.6-xen <-- basically here is where I did all
compile on this pv-ops dom0 kernel.

I did a find on xen-4.0.1
and found only at one place where every thing was untarred (so if I
delete this and do make xen etc again will that be Ok)